Thursday, March 4, 2010

Kingston Brides Have It Good!

Working on The Kingston Whig-Standards annual special feature, "Brides," was so much fun, that I almost wish I was planning a Kingston wedding! It sure would be a breeze!

Since Kingston is such a small city, the choices come a little easier (for example, choosing a cake designer from a pool of about 5 would be a slightly easier decision than choosing a cake designer from a pool of thousands). And Kingston has SO many fantastic vendors, as I found out when I was covering the 98.3 FLY FM Fashion Show and interviewing several different wedding pros for articles. I spoke to photographers, make-up artists, and wedding gown boutiques and came to one conclusion: Kingston brides have got it pretty good!

Of course, I couldn't possibly write about weddings and meet all those fabulous vendors without scooping up a few for my own (Toronto) wedding! So, on my wedding day, I'll be wearing a gown from Bridal Creations and make-up by Kingston's own Lacey Blacklock, who did my make-up at the Bayridge Shoppers while I interviewed her. Now that's what I call a great interview! And of course, I've ordered my invitations from Send in the Clowns and I will be picking out my jewelry from Fiance Jewelers.

So, while this bride-to-be is saying "I do" in Toronto, I'll still be happily supporting some great Kingston merchants.

I've included one of my articles below (as always, click to make it big), but this special section also features several other articles I've penned, including an interview with Unveiled Photography, Aunt Lucy's, Wilton Creek Fabrics, and Herbal One Weight Loss.

Pick up a copy of this special section on newstands, or check out an online version here!
http://www.thewhig.com/media/sections/Brides2010.pdf

No comments: